Texas Eastern Products Pipeline Company (TEPPCO)
Propane and Refined Products Terminal Upgrades
Oakland City, Indiana
Maximize product distribution in growing propane and refined product markets serving industrial surge in the mid-west Indiana region currently being served by obsolete terminal facilities.
Prime implemented a fast-track design/build approach to replace obsolete facilities with state-of-the-art new facilities utilizing increased storage capacity, product capability and loading rates. Final facility design increased product storage by 80,000 BBLs, LPG loading rates by 10%, and refined products loading rack capacity by 25%.
Prime Engineering, Inc. provided Design-Build services for a propane and refined products terminal facility. The services for the propane drying and delivery system included feasibility studies, detailed design, construction documents, permitting, and construction services. The project involved phased and carefully coordinated scheduling to minimize impact on the terminal’s day-to-day operation.
The services for the refined products system upgrade included grading, drainage, and containment surrounding a new 80,000 bbl above-ground storage tank, as well as piping and instrumentation for the relocation of pumping equipment from an existing tank. Additionally, Prime was involved in orchestrating the tank switching necessary to provide uninterrupted service to TEPPCO’s clients.
Propane drying and delivery system
- Two 1,400 gallon propane drying towers, with future connections for additional capacity
- Installation and control of two owner-purchased 100HP replacement motors for two existing propane multi-stage delivery pumps
- 120 lf of above-grade equipment piping, safety and process monitoring instrumentation
Refined products system upgrade
- New 80,000 bbl tank constructed for natural gasoline service
- Converted existing natural gasoline tank to unleaded gasoline
- Converted existing unleaded gasoline tank to high sulfur diesel
- Extended vapor recovery piping to the converted unleaded gasoline tank from the high sulfur diesel tank
- Added filtration and delivery capacity to existing covered two-lane loading rack
- Integrated process controls and safety equipment into the overall design
Roll over thumbnail to view picture