GCAC/Air Products, Inc.
In anticipation of increased product demand in southern region, client sought to expand raw material receipt and storage systems, but lacked on-site space and dock capacity.
Prime provided engineering concept, evaluation, and design services for the design/construct/finance project team responsible for delivering a new methanol storage facility located 60 miles from the client’s plant. A new tank farm was constructed with two 150,000 BBL storage tanks, a 2,000 ft supply pipeline, and expanded dock off-loading systems at a neighboring facility’s dock. Around the clock trucking operation has been proven cost effective to deliver methanol to the client’s plant.
Prime Engineering provided Design-Build services for a 250,000 BBL methanol marine receipt, storage, and truck distribution terminal. Services included evaluation, planning, budgeting, and design for a Design / Build / Operate / Finance team of investors. Our cost-effective solution was to identify an existing deep-water dock at a Mobile asphalt plant and develop the adjacent unused property for a new methanol truck-loading terminal connected to the dock by a product receipt pipeline. The facility operates 24 / 7, supplying a continuous stream of tanker trucks making the round trip to Pace. After evaluation of the terminal, Prime was again selected to provide engineering services including fire protection, civil/site grading and drainage, controls, utilities, structural and electrical.
Project scope included:
- Two (2) 150,000 BBL above-ground bulk methanol storage tanks
- Truck vapor combustion system
- Two (2) bay 1,200 gpm tanker truck loading rack and canopy
- 12,000 BPH marine vessel dock unloading station
- 10” diameter marine loading /unloading arm
- Fire boat dock connection systems
- Channel dredging and dock modifications to support 45,000 metric ton, 40-ft draft marine vessels
- 1,200 lf of 16” buried product dock main through existing facility
- 2,100 lf of 16” above grade product dock main to the new facility
- 1,200 lf of 12” buried spare product piping
- 3,300 lf of 12” fire water piping from dock to the facility
- 250 ft. multi-pipe bridge across State Hwy
- Semi-fixed Aqueous Film Forming Foam fire suppression system
- 2,500 GPM fire system diesel booster pump and facility loop
- Integrated PLC-based loading rack control and inventory management system with internet monitoring
- 800sf control and office building
- Earthen fill for site flood control and containment dikes
- Stormwater containment, management, sampling, and monitoring systems
- Pre-cast concrete pile and cap foundations for bulk tanks
- Cathodic protection systems
- 40,000sf asphalt entry and exit roadways & DOT curb cuts
Roll over thumbnail to view picture