Southwest Hub Fueling Systems Fuel Farm, GSE Vehicle Fueling, and Glycol Facilities
Alliance Airport, Ft. Worth, Texas
Increased shipping volumes and utilization of Texas hub required Federal Express officials to implement actions to streamline airfield support operations to reduce aircraft turnover times and maximize shipment flights and volumes.
Prime engaged design-build services for design and installation of various airfield support systems. Assembled design and construction team with existing expertise and with whom they had an existing working relationship. Team implemented aggressive communications, scheduling and follow-up routine. Scope included Jet A Fueling facility to increase fuel storage volume and distribution efficiency, glycol deicing storage and distribution system to minimize flight delays during inclement weather, and a centralized vehicle fueling station to streamline freight moving vehicle traffic.
As part of this design/build project, Prime Engineering, in association with Poling and Bacon Construction Co., Inc., provided planning and program management through detailed design and general contracting services for improvements to Alliance Ft. Worth air cargo facilities. Scope included new fuel farm and related facilities, ground service equipment vehicle fueling systems, and glycol storage and distribution systems. The project included scope development, budget preparation, design, permitting, and installation of Jet A Facility.
Scope included the following:
- Two 10,000 bbl API 650 above ground Jet A storage tanks with automatic gauging
and level alarm systems
- Completely integrated facility control system
- Floating suction lines
- Yard suction and fill piping
- Storage tank leak detection systems
- Jet fuel issue and receipt filtration and pumping systems
- Inbound tanker truck off-loading facilities
- Outbound aircraft re-fueler truck loading facilities
- Apron layout and paving
- Dike area impervious liner system
- AFFF fire protection systems for the entire facility, including storage tanks, truck loading/unloading areas, and remote foam cannons/monitors
||Roll over thumbnail to view picture